Sunday, January 10, 2010

the length of

Twenty six miles is the length of a marathon (okay, technically 26.2).

The 26th amendment to the constitution set the national voting age at 18 to protect our rights. Ironically it was proposed on my birthday, all but a few hundred years before.

Wikipedia just informed me that 26 is the number of spacetime dimensions in some kind of string theory. What? It's also the number of sides in a rhombicuboctahedron.

Confused yet?

Twenty-six is my age. It is also the age at which the man who I thought was the love of my life told me he didn't know if he ever wanted to get married and that we needed to be apart, for "awhile," after almost five years together. Perhaps never to get back together again, or to find ourselves married to each other at some point down the road. He told me those are the options. But what about what I want?

This is my journey to find myself again, to discover what I want. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment